Have you ever wished you could take fat off one part of your body and transport it to another? This can be a reality with our innovative technology and fat grafting procedure! Fat grafting is available at the Plastic Surgery Group for patients interested in having fat removed from certain regions of their body they feel have excess fat, such as the tummy, the back, or the thighs. It is then transferred to a preferred area of the body that is lacking in volume, such as the breasts, buttocks, or face.
If you are deemed a good candidate for the fat grafting procedure, your doctor will first harvest the fat in the area you both agree on. During this process, one of our surgeons will make an incision in the area and carefully extract the fat – otherwise known as liposuction.
The next step is purification. When the fat has all been harvested, it needs to be purified to ensure there are no impurities before the transfer process. Lastly, a syringe will be used to transfer the purified fat into the desired area. A plastic surgeon will use special techniques to create a perfectly sculpted end result.
Since fat grafting uses your body’s natural stores of fat, which contains all of your own natural growth factors, it can improve the texture of the skin in addition to volumizing the area. This procedure can be performed in the office or in the surgery center, depending on the desired results. It is also a permanent solution for adding volume to specific areas.
While the fat can be removed from virtually anywhere on your body, the placement of the harvested and purified fat will depend on your individual goals. Here are some of the more common placement areas:
• Lip Enhancement- to add volume to the lip and improve the appearance of wrinkles
• Cheekbone Filler- to lift the face and improve facial contours
• Breast Enhancement- used alone for subtle breast augmentation or in addition to breast augmentation or breast reconstruction with an implant to give a more natural appearance to the breast
• Hand and Wrist Rejuvenation- to improve the appearance of skeletonized hands and wrists
• Buttocks Enhancement- Also known as a gluteal augmentation or Brazilian butt lift, butt augmentation is an ideal option for individuals unsatisfied with the projection or fullness of his or her derriere. Once the procedure is completed, patients will be advised to avoid prolonged sitting and are instructed to wear a support garment to promote even compression. These mandates will prevent damage to the new fat and ensure the ideal shape of your new posterior. After recovering from a fat grafting procedure to the buttocks, a patient will see a greater balance to his or her figure and more confidence in his or her self-image.
In addition, fat grafting can also be utilized to reduce the appearance of scars or fill pockets in the skin that sometimes result from liposuction.
If you have excess fat on your waist, stomach, flanks, thighs or back that you would like removed, consider fat grafting. This simple procedure will allow you to use your very own fat from an undesirable location and move it to a more aesthetically pleasing area on the body.
Fat grafting is minimally invasive, so the recovery time is minimal. If you are interested in fat grafting or any of our other procedures, contact Plastic Surgery Group today to schedule your consultation in New Jersey.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT